Sausage and Peppers...


This is one of our family's all-time favorite meals!  It is so good!  Definitely comfort food for me.  It is so flavorable.  I seriously don't even add any seasonings to it.  Once in a while I might throw in some garlic, but it is really not even needed.   The other thing I love?  That it is SO easy to make.  The sausages sear while you are chopping the vegetables and then it just simmers.
I hope you love it as much as we do!
Ingredients:
  • Olive oil
  • Italian sausage (I prefer mild; you choose the quantity)
  • 3 Bell peppers (green, yellow, or red)
  • 2 onions
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
  • 2-3 cups of water
  • hot dog buns
Instructions:
  • Slice onions and peppers
  • Heat olive oil on medium-high
  • Place sausages in pan until nicely seared on both sides
  • Add the onions and peppers to the pan.  Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Whisk the tomato paste and water together and add to the pan
  • Cover and cook on medium heat for at least 30 minutes.
  • Place sausage on the bun and place onions and peppers on top
  • ENJOY!

 Click here for printable recipe

xoxo, veronica

xoxo v.

Comments