That's My King... I wonder if you know Him


How do you describe someone who is indescribable?  How do you convey the love and passion in your heart, the awe in your soul to someone who doesn't know Him?  I don't think you ever fully can.

There is a person that I know that believes in God, but not Jesus.  Well, they believe that Jesus was a person that existed, and that He was a good man, but not that He was the son of God.  He believes that Christ existed because He is acknowledged in the quran and other historical texts.

I have listened to all of these things quietly and peacefully because how do I convince someone who doesn't know my Lord of how wonderful and deserving He is?  When you love someone, how do you show the depths of that to someone who has never met them without becoming a blubbering idiot?  I haven't quite figured that out yet.  I can tell someone the facts, I can share my experiences with them, but how do you convey the feelings?  I wish that I had a plug, like a USB port that someone could plug into and tap into what I feel in my heart.  Then they would see that my Jesus is so much more than just a historical figure.  A man who walked in the sand and did good deeds.  No, my Jesus is holy.  He was a man, but he was God in the form of a man.  He chose to come from the throne of Heaven and suffer horrendous insult and pain.  Just because He thinks I'm beautiful and because He wants to spend the rest of eternity with me.  And with you.  If you were the only person on this Earth who needed saved from eternal consequences, He would have still come to die for you.  Did you know that?  He is a loving, merciful and gentle God.  And He is a personal God.  This is a personal relationship, as personal as any relationship you will ever experience in this earthly life.  He is the lover of your soul and a relationship with Him is intimate.

If you don't know Him, I hope you meet Him.  Try Him and you'll see.  You'll see what I'm talking about.  If you're unsure, make the decision to try.  You will never regret it and it will forever change you in beautiful ways.  Happy Easter. <3

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Chell said…
Thank you. I feel the same way, but your words are so powerful. I hope you don't mind that I shared this on my FB page. It is just too important not to spread everywhere! Love you. Miss you. Happy Easter.
Veronica said…
Of course I don't! Share as many places as you can find!
Allison said…
Amen!!! I love that Youtube video! Thanks for posting it