Quiet but grateful....


This week has drained me,
left me spent.

I don't often get involved in my kids' drama anymore,
I sometimes will inject advice,
but really I try to simply steer clear.

This week,
the trouble was on another level.

 I was more than involved.
I cried, I lost sleep.
I was truly worried and prayed like crazy.

Every time the phone rang,
I was fearful of what news it would bring.

In the end, as always,
I saw God's hand and His faithfulness.
I believe He saved lives,
and hopefully changed hearts.

I got to talk to my son,
and not just talk,
but hopefully he heard me.
Heard that he is loved,
worthy,
prayed for.

Because he is.

I will remain confident in this, I will see the goodness of the Lord.


lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Barbara said…
I know you had a really rough week, but hopefully some good will come thru. I am glad you had the chance to talk to D and pray it got to his heart and head.

Love you, Mom
Allison said…
I am praying that your son knows and believes in his heart of hearts...and remembers....that you love him so very much! And I'm praying that God brings healing to his heart and his life.