My super-secret skin care routine!


I always get asked what I do to have such great skin,
and was asked again just yesterday,
so I thought I'd share the behind the scenes stuff.

Okay....
here's my big, deep, dark secret....


wait for it, wait for it....

I have none.

Not really

Sorry guys!  I could lie to you and tell you that I spend 
hundreds on special creams or face washes,
but it would be a lie.

The truth is,
that I have a buff puff that I keep in the shower,
and exfoliate with it a few times per week.
Then, I have a day moisturizer with a lot of SPF in it,
and then a heavier night cream.

Face wash you ask?

Honestly, the secret is that I don't use ANY face wash.  Ever.
I never use anything but PLAIN WATER to wash my face and never have.
Well, there was a point in time, a few years ago, 
that I bought some face wash and used it a few times a week,
but I found that it changed my skin...
made it a little more dry, a little more irritated.
So, I never bought more.

I have to admit,
that in the past few months,
since coming off of the heavy hormones they had me on most of the year,
and having had some "female" surgery,
my skin is becoming a little more skiddish.
My chin itches and I actually had a blemish the other day!
Now don't throw things at me,
but I've only had a few of those in my whole life.
I've been very blessed in the break-out area.
So, this change is freaking me out a little bit.
I don't want skin changes as I get older!

So, anyways, I thought I'd show you the inside of my medicine cabinet to prove 
to you that I don't use a ton of products, and certainly nothing expensive.

Okay, so this is the medicine cabinet.
Meds on the top,
utensils (clippers, tweezers, etc.) in the middle,
skin care, eye drops and moisturizers on the bottom.

On the inside of the door, I have a copy of Psalm 91.
It was helpful for me to read it whenever I was feeling anxious in the past month or so.

So, here it is...
my big, private, skin care regime!
Wal-mart brand night cream,
and Loreal Youth Code day cream.
And let me say,
I'm not that impressed with the Loreal stuff.
I didn't notice any big change from it,
so I don't know that I'm willing to pay $20 bucks for another bottle.
Isn't that horrible!? lol
To me, $20 is a lot of money for moisturizer.

If any of you know of a good day cream with SPF,
PLEASE feel free to let me know!
I'm looking for a new one now!
lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Dory Babe =] said…
you have the most amazing young skin :) hate ya, lol! jk you know I love ya friend!
Allison said…
You've always had beautiful skin :)