A year of albums....

Over the past year, I've bought many singles,
but these are the albums that I've bought and what I thought of them.

Many of the albums were actually albums that I have owned for years,
and the cd has worn out so I repurchased.

When I find an album I like, I tend to listen to it on a loop
until something different takes it's place.
This is some of the soundtrack of my past year.

"Speak Now"
by
Taylor Swift

Maddie got this for Christmas last year.
What can I say about Miss Swift?
She can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.
Love this album!

"Revolution"
by
Miranda Lambert

I got this for Christmas last year
Miranda is another girl we love around here.
I've loved her since before anyone knew to love her!
This album was actually kind of mellow for her,
and when I got it, it fit my mood and my life perfectly.
I think this has been a constant in the cd player in my car for a year now.

"Last Train to Paris"
by
Diddy

Big disappointment.
I know some people shake their heads at this,
but I have always been a big fan of Diddy,
and still am.
I do like a few songs off of this album,
but most of it was a waste.

"Duets"
by
Barbra Streisand

Blah.
I like a few of the songs,
but not enough to own the album.

Okay, Ms. Keys!
"The Diary of Alicia Keys"
and "Songs in A Minor"

LOVVVVVVVVE!

I have always loved these albums!
I have owned them for years and years
and needed to replace them.
And I love them just as much now.

"Church Music"
by David Crowder Band

*sigh*
I thought I would love this,
but I didn't.
I loved one or two songs, but overall,
it was too techno sounding for me.

"All Things New"
by
Watermark

I've blogged about this album before.
This is one of my all-time favorites.
It instantly calms me down.
This is the album that played the most during the most difficult times
I've been through in the past decade.
I have such an affection for this album
and for the female half of this marriage: Christy Nockels.

She's a solo artist now and I wanted her latest album for Christmas,
but it was sold out at every store Paul went to.
"Bedtime Stories"
by
Madonna

Another one that I owned back in the 90's and I used to love it.
It surprised me that I don't love it as much as I used to.
I do still like it, but not in love anymore.

"4"
by
Beyonce

It took me a little while to get used to the sound
of this album, but it grew on me and I eventually loved it.
There are a few songs that I don't love,
but overall, it's a winner.
"21"
by
Adele

I honestly haven't dove into this album yet.
I adore Adele and her voice,
but truthfully, her music can sometimes be a lot to take.
So, I have been taking a song or two at a time
to soak them in and get used to them.
I think it will be a success,
I just don't have much to say about it yet.

"Love"
by
J Lo

Complete waste of money.
Hated it.
It is such an immature album compared to 
some of the music I've seen her make before and that I love so much.

"Four the Record"
by
Miranda Lambert

This is her newest album,
and it took a little time to get used to,
but I think I finally did
because now I love it.
How could I not? :)



lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments