I haven't forgotten



Today was the anniversary of one of the worst days in American history. Although I haven't forgotten, I was surprised that this year (for the first time really), the past events of 9-11 didn't haunt my mind all day in remembrance. Thoughts and memories flitted through my mind here and there through the day, but it wasn't a piercing pain like it has been in years past.
Tonight while I was spending girl's night over half-priced appetizers at Applebees, we got into a conversation about it and for the first time today I felt my eyes tearing up. I realize that although it is a wound in my heart that has begun to heal, I certainly haven't forgotten. September 11, 2001 is a day that will live fresh in my mind and heart until the day I die, I suspect.
As Allison spoke the words "Where were you?" , memories of that day began to flood my mind. I know it sounds trite, but it truly was a lovely day. Beautiful, peaceful, calm. Blue skies. A beauty that would quickly be destroyed by ungodly sights and sounds, heightened emotions, fear and uncertainty. After watching a few specials on tv about it tonight, the tears that have escaped me all day have finally come. I haven't forgotten--as I'm sure so many of you haven't either.
Lord,
Please help me to comfort others the way that you have been so faithful to comfort me.
Amen



"Silent Night 911"
narrated
by
God.

Comments

Jen said…
Oh, my. I found you through the Black Box. I must say, your prayer was so touching. That video...bless you.

Oh a different note, I hope you get power back soon. I also hope that your SIL's delivery goes well.