Hey Soapie, part two

This started out as a response to a comment on my blog but was way too long. LOL So I figured that maybe I wasn't done here! :)

Hey Soapie... how about me ditching your friend (... but he didn't like me either!! lol) at Cedar Point to hang out with Ross all day (whom I ADORE by the way, and he ended up taking me to my senior homecoming dace lol), the stupid airplanes that never stopped flying over your stupid apartment!, "Dude! forget lookin at chicks...you couldn't catch a duck!", "There's aaaaalways [the evil one]..." (ewwwww! lol), being the maid of honor in my wedding and making me change all the colors because you didn't like the way your dress fit and you wanted to wear another one LOL, RUSTY (enough said about that one!!!!), your "april tree" because you didn't feel like taking your Christmas tree down LOL, FRED, David and the Giants, WZLE, holding our tape recorder up to the speaker of the stereo and pausing/unpausing so we could record our favorite songs, passing notes in church, getting busted passing notes in church, Veronica and John 4ever, Veronica and Hank 4ever, Veronica and Keith 4ever, Veronica and Dale 4ever, Veronica and Randy 4ever hahaha, BRACES, me walking around Sea World with only one shoe all day because one of the boys stole the other one, "Jeff from the thumb of Michigan" (do you remember him? Cedar Point...worked the log ride... let us stay on and ride forever), you throwing me my one and only sweet sixteen party, me worried sick about you because your mom was in a car accident and you hit your head on the hatchback and kept passing out in the shower, your parents divorce, you moving all the way to Brookpark , being my maid of honor even though you didn't really believe I was doing the right thing, you driving four hours just to be with me when I saw the evil one for the first time in court, getting flowers from you on my 30th birthday because I was alone and you missed me (still to this day the only flowers I've ever had delivered to me), Pastors funeral. What touches my heart is how deeply ingrained in my life you have been even when there has been a little distance and even when I try to start out with all of the funny thoughts of you it always progresses to the sweet and tear-provoking thoughts.

Through all of my posts in the last week I know that the prevailing theme has been friendship and it's only now that I see exactly what God's been doing in me this week. This is a full-circle moment for me right now because I can see that in order for me to start again, he is taking me back to where I began. I always thought we had rough childhoods, and we did. But as I sit here with tears rolling down my face my heart feels like it's going to explode out of my chest because I am so overwhelmed with love and gratitude. I can look back and see how the Lord used our beautiful foundation with HIM first and then he reached down and brought two young girls together and helped them build a beautiful foundation to base all of their future relationships on. Together we learned how to be women and we also learned how to be friends.... not just to each other but to everyone else that would come into our lives. We took two very different paths, but yet here we are... still learning from each other and growing together.

I can't speak for you but I know that I've gotten off-track at times over the last 20 years. Different experiences have polluted and perverted my ability to love and be vulnerable at times. Over the last three years though I can feel such a miraculous healing taking place in me, and over the last week it's like God is finally clueing me into what he's up to. He's taking me back to basics.

Comments