Crashes aka Valleys

I love my computer. I do. I make sure to spend lots of quality time with it. I buy it fancy new gifts/software. It's one of my absolute favorite things. Through it I keep in touch with everyone I love, I pay my bills, see what's happening in the world, etc. I have a real relationship with my computer (pathetic I know....but I also know that I'm not the only one out there!!!! haha), and every once in a while I realize that a relationship with a computer is pretty much just like relationships in our lives..... sometimes things go wrong!

My beloved computer has been distancing itself from me over the past week. I'm not sure what I did to it. I don't remember doing anything specifically wrong to hurt it's feelings, and do you think it will open up and tell me what the problem is???? Of course not! HELLO??? I AM NOT MISS CLEO!!! I CANNOT READ YOUR MIND!!!! LOL It's been cold and distant... as a matter of fact sometimes it plain old freezes up and gives me the silent treatment! Then tonight it happened.... it crashed. None of my normal programs will open, it's rebooted on it's own about 25 times today, I've tried to system restore it to an earlier date with no success. Is it really over???? No! I don't want it to be over! I've walked away from computers in the past and moved on to find new ones. Fancier, prettier ones with more bells and whistles.... but somehow I'm not ready to walk away from this! I'm going to fight for this relationship! I've actually found a browser I didn't even know that I had on here (MSN explorer? I actually kind of like it... who knew?) and came on to post this, check my email and declare my love for catsally (yes, that's it's name....long story LOL)!!! Since we never go to bed angry I'm probably going to be up half the night totally restoring my computer.

Isn't funny how crashes can be so much like the valleys in life that we find ourselves going through sometimes? LOL You think you're chugging along just fine, minding your own business when...WHAM!!! Out of nowhere something knocks you off your feet. You're left wondering if you did something wrong, if you could have prevented it, and God knows we are scrambling to try and get through it as fast as possible. No one likes to be inconvenienced! But you know what.... it happens to everyone. I'm nothing special here. There's nobody rushing during "rush hour"! Everybody is sitting there, frustrated and wishing that they could find a faster and easier way to get through the garbage they have to get through. Sometimes there is no easy way. Whether we brought it on ourselves or it's just life, sometimes you just have to sit back and gracefully let the process happen. Graceful...yep, that's what I want to be. I don't want to be so noisy inside all of the time. It's time to be still, just like He commands us. I guess this is how he's getting my attention huh? On second thought, maybe it's time to go to bed....I'll restore the system another time.

Comments