Re-examine...



I've written before about how the world is changing (if you want to read it, click here).  How once-closeted things such as misogyny, domestic violence, sexual assault, homophobia, racism, etc. are coming to light.   But I feel that it needs spoken on again because people can see it happening and can feel change in the air, but they don't know how to articulate it.  Or, they don't feel or see any change at all.  To them, it feels like things are heavy and horrible and that this world has never been in worse shape. 

So, what's going on?  With the #metoo movement, sexual predators and chauvinists are being called out of the darkness and are being held accountable.  About damn time, too. 

Racism is on the forefront with sides being divided between should they kneel during the anthem or shouldn't they.  The unfortunate thing about this is that the focus has become the anthem instead of the cause that started the kneeling.  Our "President" is a racist who employs racists.  White supremacists feel safe enough in a Trump-America to march openly in parades and harass people that are different than themselves, which is infuriating.

Gay people are now allowed to be married and share in all of the same rights that straight people can have (finally).  And those that are homophobic are finding it harder to hide, or at least it's harder for them to get away with their hate.  But gay people are still being discriminated against.  Whether physically or emotionally, gays are still being hurt.

The bottom line is that this is all bullshit.  There is no excuse in this day and age for anyone (except for pedophiles...I'm totally allowing myself that prejudice) to be treated as less-than.  I can't believe that we allow anyone to get away with hateful behavior toward another human being.

I get so fired up when I hear about injustice.  I heard about a situation that happened locally this week that involved blatant discrimination against a person simply because he is gay in a conservative community.  It's not even my fight, but I was incensed!  I mean, I consider it to be my fight because I am a human being that cares about fair and ethical treatment of my fellow human beings.  So, even though I am not gay, if the gay community wanted to protest this situation, I would be standing right beside them.  I may be straight, but I am not narrow [minded].

The thing is that Earth is evolving. She is ascending.  The vibrational frequencies of Earth are increasing steadily and it is causing the evolution of our consciousness.  This brings with it a responsibility to love and act more ethically.

At work this week, I had two separate conversations about this.  The first one, someone asked, "What the heck is going on lately?  Me and everyone else I know are having crazy vivid dreams, and it feels like something is shifting in the world!"  The second one went like this, "I don't feel like anything is evolving!  I feel like it's the worst it's ever been."

Both of them are right.  Let me share my thoughts and what I've learned about this subject.   Over history, you can look objectively at earth and humanity and see how it has evolved.  With cave men, it was pure survival.  There wasn't much in the way of sophistical and civility in that day and age.  Then, the Earth was called to evolve and ascend...over and over and over.  This would evolve a little and you would get to the middle-ages.  Then evolve again and get to the medieval times and things evolved more. 

It was still dangerous and you had to look over your back because people were power hungry and didn't have a lot of morals.  That's one reason the church came about.  I believe God used the church as a form of crowd control.  It was meant as a form of control for the masses in order to get them to think a little higher and with a little more responsibility.  "Okay guys, you can live your lives, but you're going to have some rules now.  You can't just go around killing each other anymore, got it?  And you're also not allowed to steal other people's stuff or sleep with their wives.  That's not cool anymore. You're no longer cavemen for crying out loud...you're civilized people!"

Over century after century, you can see many evolutions.  Earth was becoming more and more civilized.  Becoming smarter and smarter.  New technologies, new discoveries.  Well, now it's happening again and this is a B.I.G. one.  Big, big, big.

 I won't go into all of the details at this time because lets just say that I was taught some things this fall/winter that I would have never imagined myself learning.  They took me totally by surprise, but the even bigger surprise is that I believe them and are totally okay with what I learned.  Because now I get it and it resonates as such truth with me because of some of the things that I have experienced. 

I think at this time, I will just leave it here with the statement that it is no longer okay to accept old behavior that is not based in love.  It is no longer okay to act in an exclusionary way that hurts other people.  It's just not.  As the picture above states, "You are personally responsible for becoming more ethical than the society you grew up in."

Stop acting the way you've always acted just because that is what you were always taught to do (by parents, by church, by whomever).  Really examine your behaviors and your motives.  Do you really care to act that way, or is it just rote behavior?  It's never too late to change.  Become your own person and if you're going to act a certain way, let it be because that is truly what you feel in your heart.  Most of the time, we all just want to be good people.  Lets start re-examining what that means and what that looks like.  Then lets all just get along.  Be kind and love one another.

XO, Veronica

Comments