Christmas treats!

 I've been a baking fool around here!

As Paul put it, I have a "rather aggressive baking schedule this season."
:)

There is so much I want to make!
So, here is what I've done so far.


Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies...
I found this on Pinterest, but you can view the recipe here.

These were not my favorite that I've made,
but everyone else around here seemed to think they were.
One of the kids even went in and made a second batch when I didn't want to!

Eggnog Cookies...


These were UH-MAZING!!!
I can't put too many exclamation points there.
Really, so so good.

You can find the recipe here.

Cocoa-Coffee Crinkles...

First of all, DON'T get turned off by how they look when you first form them!
Ha!
They actually turn into a pretty yummy cookie.

You can find the recipe here.



No-bake cookies...

We have always made these in our family,
and they are so good!

I was too lazy to go look up the recipe for you,
so I managed to find it on Pinterest.

You can find it here.



Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies...

These turned out really, really good.
Of course, they don't look as cute as the ones on Pinterest,
but what matters is how they taste, right?
And they taste amaze-balls!

You can find the recipe here.

Peppermint Poke Cake...

 Poke cakes are SO easy!
I make them all the time.

You just bake a cake (with a normal cake mix of your choice),
and when it comes out of the oven,
use the handle of a wooden spoon to
poke holes all over the top of the cake.

Then, you mix a packet of your choice of jello per the box directions,
and then pour the Jello liquid all over the top of the cake,
filling the holes.

Place the cake in the refrigerator for a few hours,
then cover with a bin of Cool Whip.

SO YUMMY!

For this holiday version,
I made the cake (and added some peppermint flavoring to the mix),
and poked the holes.
Then, I used vanilla pudding mix (instead of Jello).
I added some peppermint flavoring and food coloring
to the pudding and poured it over the top of the cake.

Refrigerated.

After a few hours, I covered it with the
Cool Whip like before and then sprinkled
 crushed candy cane over the top.



Snowballs!

These go FAST around here!
Even several batches don't stand a chance in this house.

They are definitely a favorite.

You can search Pinterest (or the internet) for your favorite Snowball recipe.


Buckeyes...

I wished these looked as good as they tasted!
Serious props to every person who makes perfect-looking Buckeyes!

I think I know what I did wrong and will have to test it again next year.

So...just to show you that not everything ends up perfect.

Of course, these were scarfed down anyways.
They still loved them.


lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments