...and she said, "Yes"


Yesterday, Paul asked if I wanted to have a date-night and go out to dinner.

Of course, I said yes.
I love date nights, and I never feel like we have enough of them.

He seemed so nervous the whole way there and while we were waiting for our table,
so I figured something was up.

We were finally shown to our table,
and I heard him say, "Oh great" when we were seated at a table that was
totally boxed in by other tables.
(I've never asked him, but I'm assuming it is because he knew
that it would be near-impossible to get down on one knee in that situation)

A little bit of time passed and we were waiting for our appetizer.
This restaurant places a piece of paper over the linen tablecloth 
and puts crayons on the table (something I don't totally understand
unless you have small kids with you, but whatever).

We were kind of doodling on the paper,
when Paul started writing little messages to me.
Sweet, little heartfelt things,
and then I would respond.

After a few minutes, I was busying myself with the other side of the table
(hello, that's where the food was lol),
and then I felt him tap me and point to the table.

I looked down, and he had adorably scribbled out in crayon the words,
"I would be honored if you would be my wife.
Will you marry me?"

Then he, with one finger, slowly slid a ring across the paper.

As Michael Buble sang,
I looked up at him, and he was bawling his eyes out,
which made me cry too.

I kissed him and said, "Yes",
and then he slid the ring on my finger.

I don't think he pictured it going down in the fashion it went down,
but it was the BEST proposal.

It was so charming.

As soon as the sentiment was done, I forbid him from eating over that paper,
and insisted we immediately get it off of the table so that I could take it home.
Of course, I also kept the crayons...and the receipt.

I jokingly mentioned that it's a good thing he didn't propose while
I was at home in my old holey t-shirt,
or he would have doomed himself to a life of looking at it
because I would never be able to get rid of it.
I'm so sentimental...I keep everything!

We were serenaded by Michael, Frank & Harry,
and on the way home,
there was a huge yellow moon hanging low in the sky.
It really was beautiful.

What a great night.
Now on to a great life.





lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments