Benlysta, chapter 1....


Today I had my first Benlysta infusion.

When I first got there,
this was my FB status....

so my tough guy facade quickly melted away as soon as they said Paul couldn't come back with me during the infusion. My eyes started crying whether I wanted them to or not. They finally found a seat for him & I'm so grateful. I feel panicked & want to run out of this room full of people with tubes coming out of their arms. Getting ready to start my IV now. Pray for me, I'm going in......

The infusion itself went okay.
They premedicated me with lots of Benadryl IV,
so I was sufficiently stoned for a good while.

This evening however, has been pretty rough.
The headache started on the way home.
The rest of the night pretty much feels like a bad flu.
Or years ago when I had mono...
SO tired and achey,
sore to the touch and feel like my body weighs 500 pounds.
Headache & nausea.
I've thrown up once.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

 
lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments