Know what I hate?

I hate when there is a song that I love.... a hidden little treasure that has never made it quite mainstream, so it's like it's all yours to be loved and you feel like you are smarter than the whole world because you know about something great that they don't..... only for it to show up in a romantic comedy for the whole world to hear.

I finally got to watch Bridesmaids today (Loved it!) and I was taken aback when I heard the music for "Paper Bag" by Fiona Apple begin to play.  At first I loved that it was there and also loved that they appreciate the genius that is Fiona Apple (love her), but by the end of the song I was sad because now everyone was going to know this song and it wasn't going to be a little hidden treasure anymore.  Now it will just be a song on a soundtrack cd found in Wal Mart or something.

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Allison said…
I haven't seen that movie yet, but I want to!! I'll be listening for "your" song...