Blessed, blessed, blessed.

As I sit here in the quiet, I have been taking a little bit of time to reflect.  We leave in the morning for a little vacation.  I gave the kids their choice of anywhere they could go (within reason) and then they picked & I made the plans.  Now the bags are all packed and sitting by the door.  The kids are sleeping anxiously in their beds & I am trying to amp myself up to go to sleep, which is usually no easy feat.  The kids are feeling better (thank God!) and I am still pretty queasy, but know I will be okay and even taking into account the nausea I'm feeling, one thing has overwhelmed me.  MY GOD I AM GRATEFUL!

Seriously, even through the rough time I've had lately, I am so blessed and so fortunate!  It's easy to forget when you're going through the thick of it, but man-oh-man I am so grateful for the life that I have today.
  • I'm grateful for the good paying, steady job that I have been blessed with.
  • My health.
  • My kids are freaking AWESOME.
  • I'm grateful for knowing that even during a rough patch, I still have faithful friends who love & are looking out for my kids who aren't near me right now.
  • My friends, my friends, my friends!!!  My life would not be what it is and I would not be where I am as a person without all of you amazing women!  
  • Family
  • A safe place to live
  • A dependable car
  • Modern conveniences
  • Passion.... to write, create, express, love.
  • Time away to recharge.
  • Hope.
  • For the knowledge that even on my bad days, God is still good.

xoxo
veronica

Comments

Lulu said…
I'm so jealous of your vacation (in a good way)! Have fun, and be careful while you're gone! Enjoy yourself and the girls!

(I'm mostly jealous because I do't have the time or energy to plan a vacation, plus I think it would be a little difficult with our ten-month-old right now. But eventually, when he's a little older, we're going to take one. Somewhere. We have a few places in mind, but haven't decided yet.)