Vacation!...kind of


This weekend I FINALLY get something resembling a vacation!!! We still aren't able to go on our official, wonderful, tropical honeymoon...but we ARE going somewhere. Courtney's in Indiana with Maribel, Darren is staying here with his dad and we're taking the girls to my mom's house on Saturday. We're coloring eggs that night, the next morning the Easter Bunny will come, we'll have Easter dinner early and then......... WE'RE OUT OF THERE BABY!!! WOOT WOOT!!! lol

I reserved a couple of nights in Amish country at some cabins they had for rent. Each one has a big stone fireplace, a jacuzzi and kitchenette. Peace. Quiet. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. After that we're just playing it by ear and going where we want. And it really doesn't matter to me where...as long as I am responsiblity-free (or at least able to pretend I am) for the week. I want to pretend I have no bills, no arguments, no cleaning, no job........ you get the picture. And honestly, I think I'll be able to do this JUST FIIIIIIINE! My concern in with my husband. He SAYS he wants peace and quiet. He ACTS like he wants peace and quiet. The problem is how will he respond once he actually HAS peace and quiet? He's so hyperactive and A.D.D.-ish most of the time that he drives me crazy! God knows I love him! But sometimes I wish he could just chill out! So I really hope that this will be his opportunity...that it will be good for both of us. I just hope that after we've gotten settled, looked through all the cabinets, flipped all the switches to see what they do and how they work, used the jacuzzi, done-the-do and taken a nap that he's not sitting there going stir crazy for the next 36 hours because he's bored to death and itching for something to do. I know that will be the trigger for a downward spiral...because then I'll snap at him because he's driving me crazy and he'll snap back and then I'll spend my first "vacation" since 1997 arguing! *SIGH* I've been praying about it...and I'm having faith that it will turn out GREAT!!! :) This is going to be just the shot in the butt that we need. I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! :)

Comments