Save the drama for your mama!

What is it about divorce that makes people turn into complete assholes??? I'm not necessarily talking about my situation right now, I'm merely being an observer. I've had it up to here with boyfriends with psychotic bitches for ex-wives!!! (I swore I'd never date another person who was still actively involved in dramatic bullcrap with an ex-spouse. And yet...here I am! Surprise!!! Unfortunately, alot of good people come with really crappy ex-spouses attached to them...me included...but I am not now, nor will I ever be in the dramatic situations that I have witnessed...I REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE).

I cannot stand when people use their children as pawns. Or when they play games with not letting the other parent visit or speak to the child on the phone. In my situation the other parent did something to HURT my child...so over my dead body will they get near my children again, but aside from that...there's only one reason for it....DRAMA. People who refuse to let go of drama make me insane! What is it about drama that people love? You can say it's dysfunctional backgrounds that make them that way. You can say it's life experiences. Well, I'm going to argue with every bit of that because I am the POSTER CHILD for dysfunctional backgrounds and "life experiences"!!! I could write a book with the crap I've gone through (and I'm not exaggerating) and yet I'm not anything like that! That's one reason that I feel so qualified to judge those that are that way.... because I've been through it ALL. It's highly unlikely that anyone can come up with a scenario that I have not experienced. And AT NO POINT IN TIME did I EVER play games with my children like those I have seen. I never bad-mouthed their father in front of them. I never played games with visitation. I never stopped them from speaking on the phone. I never continued to drag out the drama from when we were married. I never had my current boyfriend/fiance/ whatever call my ex and harrass them.

There comes a point in everyone's lives when it's time to just GROW UP. Usually by the time you're 30 your light should be coming on...if it hasn't then you'd better check your bulb! I have worked long and hard to cut the dramatic crap from my life. I refuse to participate in it. I will not even be a player in the game. I have cut so many people out of my life because they are stuck in that dramatic rut. I don't even want to hear about someone else's drama on a regular basis. SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA!!! I'm not interested! Proverbs 26:4 says,

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

If you listen to, participate in, return the favor...whatever way you want to put it...if you allow dramatic people into your life you're going to become like that person. And you're also going to take on all of the stress that comes with the drama. No thank you, I'll pass. I've said it a thousand times before and I'll say it again... I've had enough drama for one lifetime, I'm ready to get about the business of being happy. Who's with me?

Comments