You sure seem to want to know what's in there pretty bad.
Reading... On an Anais Nin kick. Right now I'm reading Henry and June.
Listening...Anything mellow, melancholy or jazzy. Still love Corrinne Bailey Rae's cd, James Morrison & Harry Connick, Jr.'s new one.
Cooking....heavy comfort foods.
Wanting... October 1st and so many things that aren't meant for this blog. Honesty. Truth. Courage. Loyalty. Peace. To be settled.
Making... treasure out of trash. Beginning with the headboard I made, I'm also working on a coffee table and a few other things that I will post pics of when I'm done with. I LOVE taking things that someone wanted to discard and making them not only useful, but desirable again. Breathing new life into old situations is what I love. Oh and I'm making new friends. I have a lunch date on Monday! :)
Loving... Beautiful pictures, whether they're of interior design or sunsets. Friendship. Knowing what I'm doing at something and not being the new kid who doesn't know her way around. My kids. Having my windows open.
- Money is super tight. What else is new, I know. With trying to get bills caught up and then facing all of the expenses for Courtney's senior year (ring, senior pics, cap & gown, announcements, etc.) it's a task that's a bit daunting right now. And knowing that Christmas is right around the corner? *sigh*
- My eyes have been KILLING me lately! They are SO dry since I've moved! I've always had trouble with dry eyes, but these are beyond severe. I've had so many different drops and ointments, it's not funny. My dr. wants to send me to an Ophthalmologist to see about getting some restasis (a med that helps produce more of your own tears) but until then, I have to use drops plus this ointment that is pretty much just like vaseline. It's supposed to be for bedtime, but I end up needing to use it at two or three times a day. What does that mean? That I always feel blind, that's what! When you put that stuff in your eyes, you can't see anything through the petroleum haze. I'm so over it, but it's a better alternative to feeling like I am rubbing raw onions on my eyes.
- Work. Work work work work work. As I've said before, I actually really like the facility I work at now. It's a good job and I like it there. I like the people, I like my boss. BUT, it's still work. And work is what? Yucky. But I'm possibly looking at a little promotion in the next few weeks, so that's encouragement. It will mean more stress and more mental work, but less direct patient care and physical stuff. It's a little intimidating, but I'm stoked about it and can't wait. Bring it on! We haven't discussed pay yet though and I wonder how much of a raise I'll get.
- I can't wake up lately. I want to sleep 24/7. I had thought it was just because I was PMS'ing, but that's done and over with and I am still forcing myself to fall out of bed after sleeping twelve hours. And sitting here, I could easily lay my head down and doze back off.
- I thought maybe I've been so tired because I'm so bored, so I've been trying to read and do some crafts and DIY projects to help wake me up. And while that feels great, it hasn't helped with the fatigue. But I have some great looking stuff now...for CHEAP! Did you see the pictures? :)
A flash mob broke out at the Oprah show
during the Black Eyed Peas performance
and surprised even Oprah...
It was awesome!
Like I was telling Heather,
this is the kind of silly thing that always makes me cry by the end of it
because seeing all of these people
working together for something innocent and positive
always blesses me.
I love it!
First, a little back story for all of my newbies.
In 2002, I found out that my second husband,
father of my third & fourth children,
who had been abusive & nasty to me for nearly ten years,
had been hurting my oldest daughter.
He has been in prison for it ever since,
and is set to get out in December, 2011.
He was also declared a sexual predator,
which means he'll have to register for the rest of his life.
The goal had always been to move far away
and change our last names before he got out
so that it would be more difficult to find us,
so that he would not be able to bother us
or hurt my girls.
we accomplished the first part of our plan.
We are here in "New Town"
and living our lives.
The thing is, today for some inexplicable reason,
the desire to give it all up and begin living 100% honestly
no matter what
has come upon me.
I'm feeling like even if I don't let him know exactly where we are,
that I don't have to live locked down like fort knox,
because to live under fear is a bigger prison and punishment
than what he can do to us.
I've only been here for a little over three months
and I'm already tired of living like this.
Do I want to live like this forever?
Just because I'm afraid that
this monster MIGHT come bother us?
If I acknowledge it, release it and then just live in integrity
and strength, knowing that if he ever showed up
I would have to simply and strongly handle him,
would that be a wise thing to do?
Or really stupid?
This is where the group participation comes in....
let me know what you think about this.
Be as frank as you like.
Email me privately if you like.
Just give me some fresh perspective.
Ready, set, go.
Did y’all see last night’s Project Runway?
Their challenge was to design an outfit out of NEWSPAPER.
Hard enough as it is, but for me that would have been frickin’ torture!!!
For those that don’t know, I CAN’T STAND the feel of paper. It grosses me out just like fingernails on a chalkboard. BLECH! BLAH! GROSS!
But anyways, as the challenge got started, one girl started working on this trench coat and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with it and knew she was going to win. As soon as I saw her putting the crinkled up paper around the collar I fell in love and thought, “how very Coco Chanel of her! I LOVE IT!”
And I was right. It turned out awesome & she won. :)